Make UK Modular is the voice of the UK's largest and most advanced manufacturers of volumetric modular homes.
About Make UK Modular
Make UK: Modular the newly formed voice of ‘volumetric’ modular, represents the most advanced form of housing construction in the United Kingdom. Make UK: Modular was founded by 5 businesses Ilke Homes, L&G Modular Homes, Top Hat, Urban Splash and Laing O’Rourke to act as the voice for the modular housing industry.
‘Volumetric’ modular is pioneering the next generation of buildings. We enable the building of new houses and apartments at scale, with inspiring design, employ cutting edge technology for construction and living, while creating the most sustainable buildings on earth. By building factories in areas of low economic activity we create thousands of jobs to help the nation level up.
The UK housing market is still running on 19th Century technology and practices. In no other major industry has industrialisation been so slow to take place. With substantial private equity investment from the likes of Goldman Sachs, L&G, TDR Capital, and the world’s largest housebuilder Sekisui House modular housing can transform UK housing delivering better quality new homes, faster and more efficiently than traditional build.
What is Modular Housing
What we do
- Engage with all levels of Government to ensure that the volumetric modular understood and supported by Government
- Work with members to develop and share technical solutions and best practice
- Ensure the benefits of volumetric modular are well understood by Government, the media, and the public
- Work with lenders, funders, and other financial institutions to create a robust economic environment for volumetric modular providers
- Clearly articulate the past, present, and future of the volumetric modular housing industry
- Deliver robust, evidence-based reports and policy recommendations
Publications and News
For more information about membership please contact Steve Cole, Head of Make UK Modular email@example.com