Managing contractors training
This one-day course will enable those who engage contractors to improve health and safety and avoid the pitfalls that may lead to accidents. It will provide valuable information and practical guidance for any manager, supervisor or other person responsible for devising policy or contractor procedures, or for the day-to-day control of a contractor’s activity. Delegates will gain insights into the techniques and processes that must be followed to ensure site safety.
- Course content
The course takes a guidance based approach to explaining the key steps in the process of managing contractors and includes:
- Legal requirements for managing and controlling contractors
- Safe systems of work and permits
- Contractor control policy
- A five-step approach to following HSE guidance:
- Selection and competency
- Working activity
- Monitoring contractors
- Reviewing contractors
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
The course concludes with a short multiple choice assessment paper.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- State the legal requirements for ensuring health and safety with respect to contractor activities
- Understand how to plan, organise and co-ordinate contractor work to minimise risk
- Develop control of contractor policies and associated procedures
- Establish procedures for monitoring contractor activity
- Review contractor documentation, such as risk assessments and safe systems of work.