Introduction to Lean
This one-day course introduces the principles of lean and provides managers and those responsible for process improvement with an understanding of the main benefits that lean management can bring to a business. EEF’s no nonsense approach to lean will focus on minimising waste and improving productivity, while saving time, inventory, resources, space and cash. This course is a useful first step towards implementing a successful, sustainable lean culture.
- Course content
- Overview of lean manufacturing – the aims, history and culture and benefits
- Value stream mapping – understanding the lean process and identifying areas for improvement
- Eight wastes – discover the actions causing hidden wastes
- Basic lean tools (e.g. 5S, visual management) – overview of the tools and principles needed to eliminate hidden wastes
- Continuous improvement – what it is and why every company needs to embrace it.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
- More details
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Understand the lean principles and their benefits
- Identify customer value and waste
- Recognise the eight wastes and how to reduce them
- Identify areas for improvement and solutions
- Understand how a team-based approach to change can achieve sustainable results.