IOSH safety for senior executives and directors
Designed for the senior leaders of the business this course ensures those with ultimate responsibility for the business and its actions know their legal responsibilities and can ensure the workforce and the public are safe from harm.
To find out of this is the right course for you, read our blog on ‘Choosing the right health and safety training for senior executives’.
This course can be enhanced by integrating game based learning to embed knowledge and drive behavioural change.
- Course content
- The moral, legal and financial case – how, as the leader of the business, you have a moral and legal responsibility for health and safety and the financial impact health and safety management can have
- Health and safety planning - putting in place a solid health and safety policy and how to organise your business and workforce to implement effective management of health and safety risks
- Communicating and engaging the workforce – effective systems for communicating and training
- Setting business standards – procurement and business processes to minimise risks
- Management and systems - methods of auditing, controls, reporting and monitoring the external environment, including changes in legislation
- Leadership in health and safety - setting standards, culture and values, celebrating good performance, good corporate governance, annual reporting and continuous improvement
Delegates must be employed in a director’s role; owners of small and medium-sized enterprises; or executive/non-executive directors of larger organisations with governance structures.
Every participant who has completed the course should take the end-of-course assessment. This consists of a personal commitment (action plan) relating to the learning on the course, in which the participant writes up to three actions that they commit to taking. Commitments should be appropriate for the level of responsibility the participant has in their organisation.
- More details
Who should attend?
Those responsible for ensuring the workplace is a safe environment for the workforce, visitors and the public.
Benefits of attending:
By attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Fulfil their health safety role and responsibilities
- Integrate health and safety objectives with business objectives
- Ensure the business is organised to manage risks
- Integrate health and safety within the standards culture of the business