CP7 Gas Safety
A complete training and certification service to enable those with a basic understanding of the Oxy/Fuel Gas Welding process to inspect portable Oxy/Fuel cutting and welding gas equipment in accordance with the Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and the British Compressed Gases Association Code of Practice 7 (BCGA CP7).
• The need for personal protective equipment
• Single and multi-stage regulators
• Pre-use visual checks on gas regulators
• Correct fitting of regulators
• How flashbacks occur
• The need for flashback arrestors
• Correct hose selection
• Using hoses safely
• Torch design & selection
• Correct nozzle selection
• Correct set-up of an oxy-fuel gas workstation
• Safe working practices
• Incidents caused by poor working practices
• Practical session; cylinder set-up, leak test and shut-down
And a practical session to include:
• Correctly identify gas cylinders
• Identify functional differences between regulator types
• Undertake a pre-use visual check on gas regulators
• Select and fit the correct flashback arrestors
• Identify the correct hoses to be fitted
• Select the correct cutting torch and nozzle
• Undertake functional tests on regulators
• Set the correct gas pressures for the nozzle being used
• Correctly set up an oxy-fuel gas workstation
• Correctly leak test an oxy-fuel gas workstation
Recognise the need for safe shut-down procedures
Pre-requisitesDelegates must have a basic understanding of the Oxy/Fuel Gas Welding process.
AssessmentThere is no assessment.
Once qualified, you could provide a chargeable Gas Equipment Inspection Service and will have the knowledge to
advise if replacement equipment is necessary and then supply, recouping your investment over just a few calls.
Upon passing the course, successful delegates will receive a certificate, identity card and a comprehensive
inspection pack, including tool kit.
RSPA Certificate of Verified Achievement
Compressed Gases Safety Passport to HSE INDG 381
You may also be interested in: