Apprentice Coaching and Mentoring training
This two-day course will provide delegates with the management skills and confidence they need to act as an effective workplace coach or mentor for apprentices. It is aimed at skilled team members, team leaders and line managers who are responsible for training, supporting and aiding in the development of workplace apprentices.
- The core principles of coaching and mentoring: how the role of coach and mentor fits into the apprenticeship framework
- The skills required of the coach or mentor
- The impact of coaching and mentoring on the apprentice, the team and an organisation’s performance
- The relative stages of the coaching and mentoring process
- Any possible barriers in the mentor-mentee relationship
- Communication skills
- Reviewing apprentice progress and how to provide feedback
- Developing the 'ask not tell’ approach to coaching and mentoring
- The formal documentation used as part of the apprenticeship programme.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
No assessment but delegates receive a certificate of attendance.
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Be able to assess their own ability to use a variety of interpersonal communication skills
- Feel more confident about giving constructive feedback to apprentices
- Have an awareness of coaching and mentoring, including the practical skills in monitoring and recording learners’ progress
- Have an understanding of the formal Apprenticeship structure and the key documents involved.