A Guide to Managing Homeworking
COVID-19 has accelerated the move by office staff and others from their businesses place of work to home working. What may have been a temporary move in response to the pandemic, will for many become the normal way of work.
The course is designed to:
- Assist managers and others who will is planning to make staff work from home role permanently or is now required to support or train homeworkers.
- Take a critical look at both employer and employee responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation and how key laws and regulations apply to the homeworkers and their home.
- Cover the main policies and procedures that a business should have in place to support homeworkers.
- Avoid potential pitfalls associated with homeworking.
The course content is divided into 5 parts.
- About homeworking, its history, benefits and disadvantages.
- H&S legal requirements
- What you need to know about risk assessments, electrical checks and control measures.
- Overcoming pitfalls in, community, communication, security, lone working and wellbeing.
- Key Actions for HR, IT, FM, Line and H&S managers.