EU business visitors and posted workers rules
How to comply with new rules for employees to work and travel to EU member states
If you have employees who will be travelling from the UK to the EU to work or on a business visit, you will need to comply with new EU travel rules. The rules introduce more complexity and new enforcement measures that could mean your employees are turned away at the border along with fines and court proceedings.
Find out what to do and where to start
Call us on 0808 168 5874
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What do employers need to do?
The rules require the organisation and employee to conform to the individual terms of each EU member state and have the necessary documentation to that declares the type of trip and to meet tax and NICs requirements.
Employers will need to:
- Audit the organisation’s requirements for EU travel for work
- Identify whether trips are for business visitors or posted workers
- Identify and complete all necessary paperwork and obtain permission to travel
- Ensure the employee carries all necessary documentation on the trip
How we can help
Our Labour Market and Immigration experts have extensive knowledge and a wealth of experience in supporting businesses to work and trade in the EU.
We can help you plan in advance and avoid delays by managing all or part of the process.
Our support covers all matters affecting business visitors and workers posted to the EU such as;
- Documentation and guidance on Individual Member State requirements
- Rules on recognised professional qualifications and accessing skilled workers
- Support to ensure you understand your employment obligations such as social security, income tax and advanced notification requirements
- Calculating remuneration and guidance on how to meet local employment regulations
Call us direct on 0808 158 5874 to speak to our experts.
If you have questions on what to do and where to start call us direct on 0808 158 5874 to speak to our experts, or email email@example.com